<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30325715?origin\x3dhttp://sonicmonks.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

SonicMonks

 

GROUP: Muse (UK)


Few years ago I listened very intensively their albums Showbiz and Absolution, and must I say, I was really into their oeuvre. Although they were criticised for imitating Thom Yorke's style and stuff like that, I found them much more intriguing than Radiohead. Anyway, back then I didn't realize to do some background research or scrutinize the meaning of the lyrics. Now, yeasterday, I heard a new song 'Supermassive Black Hole' from the radio, and was quite surprised when I found out, it was Muse's. I wondered, "what ever are they doing now?" and started doing some digging up in the net. Well, as it seems, they have a new album (which has been up for listening in their myspace.com profile for a time now) coming out on July 3rd in UK and they are currently touring around. If you have enought money, you could go to Stockholm on the 7th of July, it's probably the nearest place to Estonia where you can see them this summer. But that's not the main outcome of my little snooping around. Did you know that most of their albums have revolved around strange and often cryptic messages, sent by the band in a variety of ways and mostly in anagrams, which lead some lucky fans, who figured out these meanings, to a prize in a certain location. And I recomment you to listen to the lyrics, you can find many interesting references to politics and conspiracy theories and other compelling topics.
What was a bit disappointing to me is their looks. Talk about covers ruining the book... These guys look like three regular English batchelor boys from a pub trying to get lucky. Listening to their music, I would assume that these guys look more eccentrical, alternative or just a bit weird. But you know what, I'm over it. I have accepted them as they are.
Anyway, I could go on and on about Muse, because they have managed to make themselves so interesting, but I think I'll just stop here and let you find out more yourself. Just don't choke on the banana.

Muse's official webpage.
Muse at wikipedia.
Listen to the soon to be released album at myspace.com. It's quite good by the way!
Yeah, and the video of the single of course:P

BANANA UPDATE on 30.06.2006:
So much for the whole album. Now you can listen only selected tracks of "Black Holes and Revelations" on their myspace.com profile.


 

for this post

 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

1. It's Thom Yorke, not York :]
2. Muse's lyrics have sometimes been the only reason I've listened to them. They're quite intriguing even if you don't understand all the possible allusions.

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

1. darn typos, sorry, I'm multitasking here and god only knows what kind of typos I have already made.I'm going to fix this one.
2. I like them foremost for the apocalyptic and paranoid sound.

 

Leave a Reply